Jobs At WNDR
Our Current job postings
Buckle Up! As WNDR scales its Chicago-based art + tech experience across the US, we are seeking Ambassadors.
About the Role
The WNDR museum is looking for San Diego’s friendliest, most energetic go-getters to join our growing team of creators, artists, performers, and educators.
As an Ambassador of the wndr museum, you’ll play an integral part in shaping the entire guest experience, offering service and hospitality with a dose of humor and humanity, from the moment guests step off the street and into our space. The Ambassador will report to the Floor Managers for day-to-day operations, museum policies, and procedures.
- Being in uniform ready to work on assigned duties of the day
- Arriving on time and being ready for pre-shift meetings and communicating effectively with other Ambassadors, and Floor Managers
- Facilitating authentic museum experiences for our guests through development of a comprehensive knowledge of our space
- Engaging with guests and assisting with any questions or issues
- Providing superior customer service
- Managing the flow of guests in our space, and maintaining the safety and security of installations and guests
- Attending mandatory trainings and monthly all-staff meetings
- Working in all aspects of the museum floor experience, including retail, food and beverage, and the box office
- Processing onsite ticket sales via Ticketure and troubleshooting ticketing issues
- Keeping our space clean and orderly for our coworkers and our guests
- Other duties as assigned
You’ll Be Great for This Role if You:
- Have worked at a museum, in education, in hospitality or have a performance background
- Have solid computer skills, including experience using POS systems like Square
- Can adeptly balance multiple tasks in an always-evolving environment
- Love art, performance, museums, theatre, and want to inspire curiosity
- Are a team player but excel as an independent self-starter too
- Thrive on social interaction and engagement
- Prefer to spend most of your day on your feet
- Are committed to creating positive and memorable experiences
- Are responsible, trustworthy, reliable, and adaptable
- Are available to commit to a minimum of 3-4 shifts/week and regularly have weekend availability
- Are a gifted storyteller, actor, comedian, dinner party guest, trivia buff … you get the picture
The following are essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable otherwise qualified candidates to complete these essential functions.
- Walking up and down multiple flights of stairs frequently throughout shifts
- Standing and/or walking for up to 12 hours
- Interacting with and talking with others in person for up to 12 hours
- Being present in a space with a significant amount of multisensory stimulation, including but not limited to: multiple recorded audio tracks played over speakers, crowd noise, abrupt shifts in lighting, strobe lights, and multiple video devices visible at once
- Being present in a space with moderately loud music playing for up to 12 hours
- Bending and squatting to lift items weighing up to 40 lbs
- Carrying items weighing up to 40 lbs up and down multiple flights of stairs throughout shifts
- Operating a POS system and passing items to guests over counters or other surfaces, including food and beverages
Pay – $18-22/hour (Based on experience)
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Resume detailing prior professional / creative experience
- Cover letter describing your interest and explaining why you’re perfect for this role
- Any additional information (portfolio links, etc) that demonstrate your awesomeness
WNDR Museum warmly welcomes people of all ages, identities, ethnicities, beliefs, religions and backgrounds to join our team. WNDR Museum is an equal opportunity employer, fully committed to achieving an inclusive and diverse workplace and we strongly encourage nontraditional candidates to apply. We hold ourselves to our commitment and continuously strive to attract, engage and grow with our talented team.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster.
Do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers.
As an ambassador, your role is to be the ultimate guide and inspire all guests of the museum. Major duties include facilitating guest flow, assisting guests with their photo ops, understanding all aspects of WNDR museum and its exhibits/concepts. You’ll be great for this role if you can adapt and multitask in an ever-evolving environment, love art + technology, are a team player, enjoy wearing many professional hats, and are available to commit to a minimum of 3-4 shifts/week with open weekend availability.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS – The major functions and responsibilities of this position include:
- Greeting guests upon entry.
- Scanning tickets.
- Assisting with wayfinding.
- Engaging with guests.
- Be able to speak confidently and accurately to all aspects of WNDR museum and its exhibits, concepts, and ideas.
- Managing the flow of guests between installations.
- Being a human selfie stick, helping our guests capture social media-worthy photos.
- Working in our retail space.
- Representing the museum with character and integrity.
- Keeping our space clean, organized and orderly.
- Build a culture of both creative and operational excellence.
Please apply to email@example.com